Activity 1: Global Conflicts
- Blank maps of the world: www.eduplace.com/ss/maps/ (world countries)
- Copy of “Snapshot of the global state of peace”
- Colour pencils ( green and red)
- Large sheets of paper
Activity description in steps:
- Group work: Divide the students in groups. Instruct them to discuss the following questions:
a) Which countries do you consider as the most peaceful? Why?
b) Which countries do you consider as the least peaceful? Why?
- Mark the countries on a blank map
- Place post-its/pieces of paper on/beside a big sheet of paper with a blank map on the wall
- Each group explains their choice of countries
- Check the results with Snapshot
- Name the countries that you missed in A
- Make a list of the 10 most peaceful and 10 least peaceful countries according to Snapshot
- Mark the countries on a blank map (peaceful = green, least peaceful=red)